WHO WE ARE
Big Orange is a 501(c)3 charitable organization dedicated to racing and rider development at the local, regional and national level. But Big Orange is way more “inclusive” than “invite only” clubs. We’ve always been that way – just a good group of people who like to ride and race their bikes. We’ve got men and women from all walks of life and just about every profession, ages 15 to 90. We have but one rule: Don’t Be A Dick!
The club was resurrected in early 2010 with only 30 riders. But since then it has grown into one of the largest, most respected clubs in So Cal due to our attitude, courtesy and respect on the road combined with the ability to win races. We are the folks who will stop and help you no matter what kit you are wearing. Race day, however, is all business and our results speak for themselves. You will not find a more successful team throughout all the categories in So Cal.
Big O is team owned. The Board is made up of members, voted in annually by members. We call our own shots. We decide who our sponsors will be. Our sponsors support, but do not control us. And that support is solid, made up of local businesses that appreciate our efforts to be ambassadors of this great sport. Big Orange recognizes that team money is team money – so we distribute financial statements quarterly to members in the name of transparency.
The main way we communicate is through an internal Yahoo! email distribution list. Other ways we communicate include:
- Greg Leibert, Board Member
- Greg Seyranian, Board Member
- Don Wolfe, Board Member
- Joann Zwagerman, Board Member
- Michael Barraclough, Board Member
- David Holland, Race Coordinator, Road Masters 45+
- David Steinhafel, Race Coordinator, Road Cat 3
- Dave Matea, Race Coordinator, Cyclocross
- Paul Kellen, Race Coordinator, MTB
- Dan Martin, Crash Fund Coordinator
- Joann Zwagerman, Social Media Coordinator
- Scott Torrence, Webmaster